The Horticultural Trades Association (HTA) is the trade association for the UK garden industry. It helps its members flourish by representing, promoting, and developing the garden industry through key values of collaboration, innovation, influence, and integrity.
Its key roles include-
- working closely with government and the media to influence policy and projects.
- provision of advice-based services such as business improvement schemes, briefings, and helplines.
- training, conferences, and events for members.
- market information and research.
- promotions such as the National Garden Gift Voucher scheme.
HTA members’ relationship with plastics, packaging and recycling has been, and still is, focussed on packaging such as plant pots – aiming to ensure this valuable source of PP can be kerbside recycled. We also help our membership with wider sustainability issues such as water & energy use, EPR compliance and the use of chemicals within the sector.