RECOUP Members Working Together

Date Published: Wednesday 14th October 2015

It is great to see RECOUP members, Tesco PLC and Eurokey Recycling Ltd working together recently on a project to turn plastic waste into a useful product for customers. The collaboration has resulted in Tesco being able to have their own back of store plastic waste, such as pallet and multi-pack wrapping, turned into a useful second life product by Papier-Mettler. The single use carrier bags are made from 100% recycled LDPE.  80% of the material is post-consumer plastic waste with the remaining 20% being made up of recycled plastic waste from the production process onsite.  The bags will be available throughout the supermarket chain for Tesco consumers from this October.

The full press release can be found here

< Back to news listings



Tel: 01733 390021
Email: enquiry@recoup.org

Co Reg: 2435729
VAT Reg No: 546 5837 10
Registered Charity No: 1072029
© 2022 RECOUP Site by Devopa